AMATARA’S THAI HAMMAM
Amatara’s the first Thai Hammam is the only unique type of ‘gentle’ version of the traditional Hammam. We use a selection of high-quality Thai natural products, herbs and aromas, and the experience is one of a luxury Thai spa treatment combined with a traditional Middle Eastern Hammam.
What does the treatment involve?
Our Thai Hammam treatment involves a series of stages for cleansing, rejuvenating and relaxation. The process also involves an alternation of cool and warm temperatures with water, steam, heated stone beds, ice application, and sauna.
What kind of products are used?
We use a combination of locally made, signature products from Thailand and specific Hammam treatment products from Morocco. All products used are 100% natural.
How long does it take?
It can be taken as a treatment on its own for 1 hour 45 minutes or with a Signature massage to follow (2 hours 45 minutes). Massage is the perfect way to end the Hammam session.
What are the benefits of the Hammam treatment?
- As a method of hydrotherapy and raising body temperature through sauna and steam, the Hammam treatment includes techniques traditionally recognized as stimulating detoxification. In this instance, elimination of toxins occurs through activating the lymphatic system and via the largest organ of the body, the skin, by promoting sweating. The addition of body exfoliation increases blood circulation to the skin’s surface, further aiding elimination.
- Sauna has been found to promote longevity. When practiced regularly, it has been found in a Finnish study to significantly reduce cardiovascular mortality.
- Steam raises the body temperature above normal, and stimulates the immune system to increase production of antibodies and interferon
- Heat dilates the blood vessels which immediately improves the circulation, producing a positive tonic effect
- Hot steam has a soothing and all-round relaxing effect on body and mind
- The pores in the skin also dilate making possible deep cleansing of the skin via sweating
- Hot and cold contrast is beneficial for circulatory and lymph systems. The lymph system, unlike the circulatory system, lacks a central pump. Alternating hot and cold, lymph vessels dilate and contract to essentially “pump” and move stagnant fluid out of the area. This positively affects the inflammation process, which is the body’s primary mechanism for healing damaged tissue.
- Pain relief, and muscle relaxation are other benefits
- Mud room has a great influence on skin. Our muds are rich in essential minerals and trace elements to deep cleanse as it refines, softens and revitalises dull skin.
- Salt room improves the health of the lungs. Salt releases the negative ions – anti-inflammatory particles – which are good for the immune system.
Is there anyone who should not do the Hammam treatment?
- Hammam baths are not recommended for the elderly and people who have cardiac risk
- Not recommended for uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Not recommended for people who sensitive to high heat (fainting or skin irritation)
- Skin infection, broken skin or serious sunburn
- The Hammam is not recommended for women during menstruation