Thailand Opens for All Visitors
How to Enter to Phuket During this Time
Updated on 24 April 2022 - Thailand's Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has approved the lifting of the arrival RT-PCR testing requirement for international arrivals beginning 1 May 2022. With this newly approved scheme, the country has also introduced two new entry schemes specifically customised for vaccinated and unvaccinated travellers.
New Entry Rules for Vaccinated Travellers:
- International travellers who are fully vaccinated will no longer be required to show proof of a pre-arrival negative RT-PCR test nor undergo an arrival test.
- They are still required to register for a Thailand Pass (via https://tp.consular.go.th/) with a Certificate of COVID-19 Vaccination and an insurance policy with coverage no less than US$10,000 (reduced from US$20,000).
- Once arriving in Thailand, they will be allowed entry and are free to go anywhere in the kingdom.
New Entry Rules for Unvaccinated Travellers:
- International travellers who are unvaccinated or are not fully vaccinated will also no longer be required to show proof of a pre-arrival negative RT-PCR test nor undergo an arrival test.
- They are required to register for a Thailand Pass with a 5-day hotel booking and an insurance policy with coverage no less than US$10,000 (reduced from US$20,000).
- Once arriving in Thailand, they must proceed to undergo the quarantine for 5 days and undergo an RT-PCR test on Day 5.
Exception is made for unvaccinated travellers who are able to upload proof of a negative RT-PCR test within 72 hours of travel via the Thailand Pass system, they – like those fully vaccinated – will be allowed entry and are free to go anywhere in the kingdom.
While in Thailand, both vaccinated and unvaccinated travellers are advised to strictly follow health and safety standards. Travellers who are experiencing COVID-like symptoms should get tested. If testing positive, they must get the appropriate medical treatment.
Amatara Wellness Resort is a SHA Extra Plus certified hotel, so what is a SHA Extra Plus Hotel?
'SHA Extra Plus’ is a certification for companies/individuals who have received their ‘SHA’ certification ‘PLUS’ at least 70% of their workforce has been fully vaccinated. The Amazing Thailand Safety and Health Administration (SHA) certification has been certified by the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) as being on par with the WTTC SafeTravels global health and hygiene standardised protocols.
Browse your stay package from our special offers below.